How does it work?
Our converters use two different types of catalysts, a reduction catalyst and an oxidization catalyst.
The Reduction Catalyst
In this first stage, the reduction catalyst uses precious metal coating technology to reduce the nitrogen oxide emissions. When these molecules come in contact with the catalyst, the catalyst rips the nitrogen atom out of the molecule and holds on to it, freeing the oxygen in the form of O2. The nitrogen atoms bond with other nitrogen atoms that are also stuck to the catalyst, forming N2.
The Oxidization Catalyst
During the second stage our converters reduce the unburned hydrocarbons and carbon monoxide by burning them over a platinum and palladium catalyst. This catalyst helps the reaction of the CO and hydrocarbons with the remaining oxygen in the exhaust gas.
» Find out how the GESi applies in your life
Global Emissions Systems Inc. (GESi®) agrees to repair or replace any GESi® Dry Selective CatalystTM (DSC™) as a direct result of a defect in original workmanship or materials furnished by GESi® which causes a malfunction or breakdown of a GESi® Dry Selective CatalystTM (DSC™) during the warranty period, provided that:
- the engine is maintained properly and in accordance with the service and maintenance schedule provided by the manufacturer;
- the GESi® Dry Selective CatalystTM (DSC™) is new at the time of purchase or lease by the warranty owner (the warranty is not transferable without the prior written consent of GESi®);
- the GESi® Dry Selective CatalystTM (DSC™) has been used only on the engine it was installed onto unless prior written consent is provided by GESi® ;
- the GESi Dry Selective CatalystTM (DSC™)has been used only with a low sulphur fuel source of Gasoline, Natural Gas, Propane, Diesel, and Bio-Diesel;
- the repair is made by GESi® or by an authorized GESi® dealer;
- the warranty owner pays any applicable removal and installation costs; and
- the repair is not an excluded repair.
For complete details on the warranty period for your equipment, please contact your Global Emissions Systems Representative.
The following are exclusions from the GESi® warranty and are not covered:
- labour for removal and installation of the GESi® Dry Selective CatalystTM (DSC™);
- repairs or replacement resulting from accidental damage, any alteration of the GESi® Dry Selective CatalystTM (DSC™), abuse, use of improper fuel,
- operating the engine to which the GESi® Dry Selective CatalystTM (DSC™) is connected when the engine has been damaged, operated after engine wear results in excessive oil consumption or when the engine has not been properly maintained;
- repairs or replacement resulting from damage from an external cause;
- unauthorized repairs;
- repairs or replacement resulting from alterations or modifications to the engine to which the GESi® Dry Selective CatalystTM (DSC™) is connected after the GESi® Dry Selective CatalystTM (DSC™);
- to any GESi® Dry Selective CatalystTM (DSC™) where there is evidence of tampering with the odometer or other device for measuring the length of engine use
- where repair or replacement is required as a result of environmental causes, acts of riot or similar causes or acts of God;
- all consequential and/or resultant loss damage, injury, death and expenses resulting there from of any kind whatsoever suffered by any person or thing except as specifically provided for herein; and
- for repair or replacement resulting from normal vibration, deterioration, distortion or deformation.
- Repairs or replacement resulting from use of diesel fuel with sulphur content of greater than 0.5% (one-half of one percent).
The original Dry Selective Catalyst™ (DSC™) must be returned for repair or replacement at the discretion of GESi®. GESi® and the warranty owner agrees that GESi'®s liability in respect of an authorized repair is limited to the cost of repairing or replacing the GESi® Dry Selective Catalyst™ (DSC™) with a new or manufacturer's rebuilt part or parts.
GESi® further warrants that, when installed and used in accordance with the terms of this Warranty, the use of a GESi® Dry Selective CatalystTM (DSC™) will not damage the engine that it was installed to be used with. In the event of a claim by the Purchaser or authorized transferee of this Warranty, the Purchaser must make the machine in which the engine and GESi® Dry Selective CatalystTM (DSC™) are installed available to GESi® for inspection before any repairs are made. Failure to do so will void this Warranty.
If after inspection GESi®, acting reasonably, determines that the engine has been damaged due to the use of a GESi® Dry Selective CatalystTM (DSC™), GESi® shall, at its discretion, repair or replace the engine. In such event, the Purchaser shall make available to GESi® the machine containing the damaged engine. GESi® shall make the repairs or replacement as soon as possible. GESi® shall not be liable for loss of use or other collateral damage claims as a result of accepting responsibility for repair of the engine, and the Purchaser, by requesting repair of its engine and delivering the engine into the possession of GESi® for repair or replacement, acknowledges and agrees that this limitation is reasonable and acceptable.
This warranty contains all of the terms and conditions detailing the rights and obligations of the owner and there are no warranties or representations, express or implied, except those contained herein. It shall be a condition precedent to any obligation of GESi® hereunder that the owner return or make available to GESi®, or one of GESi®’s authorized dealers, the GESi® Dry Selective CatalystTM (DSC™).
For Canadian and International Product Sales, this warranty shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada.
To The Purchaser: A copy of your invoice, which must include the date of sale or installation, is your proof of purchase of a genuine GESi® Dry Selective CatalystTM (DSC™). If you request a warranty replacement or repair, your invoice must be presented to an authorized Global Emissions Systems Inc. dealer. Warranty terms and limitations are set out in the entirety of this GLOBAL EMISSIONS SYSTEMS WARRANTY. Dealers cannot change or override the terms of the GESi® warranty.